Purple Zone
WELCOME 2 THE DAWN
Purple Zone

Pour les fans de Prince et du Minneapolis Sound : Plus de passion, moins de prises de tête...

AccueilEnter the ZoneCalendrierS'enregistrerConnexion

Partagez | 

Mike Phillips AKA Mike PHILLY

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Aller en bas 
AuteurMessage
marysharon
Her Royal Badness

Féminin Messages : 2782

MessageSujet: Mike Phillips AKA Mike PHILLY   Mer 15 Déc - 15:35

Citation :
There are so many highlights from my career thus far that stick out in my mind. So sifting through them all, here are my top 5 starting with:

5…meeting Michael Jordan and being signed to his company Brand Jordan

4…going undefeated on my Babe Ruth baseball league team and winning the championship

3…is between playing at 2 parties and not so much about how great the parties were but because of the numerous challenges and hurdles that the party hosts had overcome to achieve. The two parties are Orprah’s 50th and Nelson Mandella’s 80th birthday parties

2…is the first time I saw my body of work in a major store (it kinda tripped me out)

1…is the time when I was 7 years old and I went downstairs to the apartment that was vacant below ours and took some things that were not mine. My mother beat my A$$ and the beating that I got that day still stings to this day.

Now I have a little girl by the name of Michaella Phillips who has an ear that is out of this world! She sang on both of my records and is getting better and better! As a matter of fact, we just did our 1st gig together in April 2006 and she received a standing ovation. I can see many of the same qualities that I had as a child in her already. Whatever she decides to and to be, she will have my complete support and love.

Looking back on this, My Story, I know that my road and my path was different from most. I’m a high school grad who opted out of going to college. Coming out of high school, I was offered college scholarships to play both football and to play in the band. However, I chose to study at The University of Stevie Wonder and Prince and of all of the musicians throughout the years who have taken me under their wings allowing me to absorb and to learn. I have been blessed to come across so many people who just wanted to see me make it. I have had so much support and there are so many names that I can’t even start to name everyone. But I also know that each day that I’m here on this earth I thank God for everything that I’m blessed with. My Story has some blank pages that I have to fill in and I’m looking forward to filling in the blanks as I live more of my life and my dream.

Source: myspace

The M-Dot Philly Chronicles: “Live In Las Vegas” - Part 1

Fully understanding and trusting Prince's musical and creative foresight, I knew that he was able to flip the script in Vegas! The last several months in Las Vegas have been an absolute blast! I have watched this show grow, these shows are musical experiences! Anyone who was lucky enough to attend a jam session back in the day with Dizzy, Traine, Bird, etc. would be able to effectively illustrate a picture of exactly what they experienced 40 years ago because of just that, the vivid experience. The experience begins the moment that you walk through the door; it must feel warm, welcoming, raising your expectations of atmosphere. And concerning the music, it must be something that you can feel, something that you feel that you can enjoy, bottle up, take it with you and enjoy for all eternity. Well, that it was has been accomplished in Las Vegas at 3121!

My experiences on the 3121 stage at the main show and in the Jazz Cuisine restaurant at the after shows have been absolutely amazing! The most amazing thing is that each night is different, a whole new and exciting experience! One night Shelby may deliver an electrifying soulful sound that shoots right through you! Then the very next night Renato will deliver a sick solo on the keys leaving you wondering just what planet this man is from allowing him to play like that! And to top it all off, Prince is there bringing it hard each and every night!

This experience puts me in an ideal position to use my gift to offer people a wonderful musical experience. At the same time I am given the opportunity to be surrounded by amazing musicians on stage with me blessing me with their gift of musicianship-wow!

Now that Prince and the 3121 movement has shown that what has taken place in Las Vegas can work, it would only be fair to take this bottled experience on the road and pop off the top sprinkling other cities with this live musical experience! So with that I say, stay tuned; what you may have missed in Vegas may be coming soon to your city or to a city near you-don't miss out!

Source: Myspace Blog

Citation :
We are Proud to announce the 5th installment of the Unwrapped hip hop and jazz series which as sold over 500 hundred thousand copies worldwide will be out on June 24th.

Mike Philly is featured in a 7 page fashion spread paying tribute to the icons of todays black style and fashion with quotes from Puffy, Kanye West, Common and many more in the June and July issue on Upscale Magazine on stands nationwide.

Philly will also be the Musical Director for the the 3rd installment of the BET J series Lyric Cafe. This time the bar has been raised with hosts and good musical friends Ledesi and Raheem DeVaughn.

The Air Jordan 17 is now a Retro!!!! The Air Jordan that was inspired by Mike Philly and Jazz Improvisation will be back on shelves very soon.

Apple is launching a series of in-store performances beginning in June for Black Music Month.

The technology company will feature 22 artists who will perform in seven U.S. cities at different Apple store locations including San Francisco; New York; Atlanta; Troy, Mich.; Santa Monica, Calif.; Miami and Chicago. Among the performers is Hiddenbeach Recording Artist Mike Phillips who is the only instrumentalist on this tour and who is featured on his labels new jazz and hip-hop compilation Unwrapped Vol. 5 in stores on June 24th. Mike will be joined by the music industries finest like Dwele, Marvin Sapp, Wyclef Jean, E40 and many others. Come out and celebrate June which is Black Music Month with Mike Philly.

Apple Store, SoHo
June 13, 7:00 p.m.
New York NY

Apple Store, Lenox Square
June 15, 3:00 p.m.
Atlanta GA

Thanks for all the love and the support!!!!!!

M-Dot-Philly News

Source: myspace blog

[Vous devez être inscrit et connecté pour voir ce lien]

[Vous devez être inscrit et connecté pour voir cette image]

Mike Phillips a déjà 3 albums à son actif:

You have reached Mike Phillips (2002)

Uncommon Denominator (2005)