Purple Zone
WELCOME 2 THE DAWN
Purple Zone

Pour les fans de Prince et du Minneapolis Sound : Plus de passion, moins de prises de tête...

AccueilEnter the ZoneCalendrierS'enregistrerConnexion

Partagez | 

BrownMarkNation

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Aller en bas 
AuteurMessage
anastasia
Official Purple Princess

Féminin Messages : 2635

MessageSujet: BrownMarkNation   Dim 14 Mar - 12:58

BIO

Mark Brown (BrownMark) spent most of his life in Minneapolis, Minnesota where, in the 80’s, the Minneapolis music scene took America by storm with its unique blend of Rock and R&B. BrownMark grew up with musicians such as Prince, Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis, Morris Day and Alexander O’Neil who laid the foundation for his advancements in his production skills and musical theory.

In 1981, BrownMark made his debut with Prince on the “Controversy” tour. For seven and a half years, he honed skills as a bassist for Prince and the Revolution and soon became known for his funky bass playing. Prince quoted in a Rolling Stone article that “without BrownMark on bass,” he would “take bassout of the music.” In 1988, BrownMark landed arecording contract with Motown. This career move was fueled by a track record of proven successes with the rock group, Mazarati (one of BrownMark’s creations), Chico DeBarge, Troop, Georgio, Stacy Latisaw, Teen Dream, Sheila E., and LakeSide, to name a few. BrownMark debuted his solo album “Just Like That” on Motown in the late 80’s with the single “Next Time.” His second CD release on Motown was titled “Bang Bang.” Collaborating with his former boss, Prince, BrownMark attempted to reintroduce himself as the funky bassist he was known to be.

To add to the list of his accomplishments, BrownMark received two Grammy Awards and two American Music Awards for his contributions to the “Purple Rain” movie soundtrack. He also had the privilege of performing with the talented Stevie Wonder and Stevie Ray Vaughn, along with Salt ‘n’ Pepa and Jodie Watley in an MTV special. He again had the honor of performing with Stevie Wonder at his “Character Party.” BrownMark has also shared the stage with Sting, Bruce Springsteen, The Rolling Stones, Q-Tip, and Doug E. Fresh.

The Rolling Stones Concert: my first gig with Prince

The Rolling Stones concert was my first gig with Prince. It was an unforgettable experience and very enlightening to say the least. I remember pulling up to the Coliseum in LA and walking through a small town of tents and trailers. It was a lot like a circus or fairgrounds with all the cables, tents, and generators and people everywhere working behind the scenes. Security brought us to our tent filled with flowers, mirrors, bright lights and a banquet of fruits, lunch meats and a variety of breads. You could hear the crowds roar although you couldn’t see them through the city of tents. As show time fast approached, security lined us up to direct us to the stage. It felt like a scene from the movie Gladiator as we walked towards the stage. I remember a huge set of white curtains towering across the back side of the stage and a very wide stair case taking us down to the stage. As we walked through the curtains from the back of the stage there was musical gear everywhere, technicians running back and forth; it was very chaotic. As we came around the towers of amps and speakers and entered the stage we still couldn’t see the audience because of the large curtains in front of us. We all looked at each other and Prince gave the ready signal. As the curtains opened, the drums started beating and all I can remember was the site of a massive herd of bodies all piled together like cattle; 94,000 if I can remember correctly. Everyone was hot and sweaty from the heat, screaming and dancing to the music, holding up beer cans and bottles. I couldn’t even hear the band, the crowd was so loud! On each side of the coliseum were these massive water hoses spraying every one down to keep them from dehydrating. As we finished the first song I noticed people not liking what they were hearing. This was a crowd of Stones fans, predominately bikers, and they wanted to hear Rock music. We changed up the set in an instance and started performing Bambi but the audience, not being familiar with this music, became very violent. The scene shifted quickly as the crowed began to up their middle finger, hollering out all sorts of profanities. Next thing I noticed was food starting to fly through the air like a dark thunder cloud. Imagine 94,000 people throwing food at each other; it was the craziest thing I had ever seen in my life. I got hit in the shoulder with a bag of fried chicken; then my guitar got knocked out of tune by a large grapefruit that hit the tuning keys and I knew then it was time to run! I dropped that guitar and started flying but the funny thing was, everyone else was already gone! They were smart enough to get the heck out of there not knowing what was going to happen at that point.

SOURCE : [Vous devez être inscrit et connecté pour voir ce lien]

[Vous devez être inscrit et connecté pour voir cette image]
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
anastasia
Official Purple Princess

MessageSujet: Re: BrownMarkNation   Sam 10 Avr - 11:07

[Vous devez être inscrit et connecté pour voir ce lien]

fonzie
Daddy Pop

Masculin Messages : 100

MessageSujet: Re: BrownMarkNation   Dim 23 Mai - 10:00

[Vous devez être inscrit et connecté pour voir cette image]
Ami
Billy Jack Bitch
Billy Jack Bitch

Féminin Messages : 168

MessageSujet: Re: BrownMarkNation   Mar 25 Mai - 17:48

cover of new cd is crazy...WHY? Please Brownn Mark...NO!!!
anastasia
Official Purple Princess

MessageSujet: Re: BrownMarkNation   Mar 25 Mai - 17:49

Ami a écrit:
lol! lol! lol! lol!
Ami
Billy Jack Bitch
Billy Jack Bitch

Féminin Messages : 168

MessageSujet: Re: BrownMarkNation   Sam 29 Mai - 20:39

anastasia a écrit:
Ami a écrit:
lol! lol! lol! lol!
I am in contact with him...how can I say it to him? MDR
anastasia
Official Purple Princess

MessageSujet: Re: BrownMarkNation   Dim 18 Juil - 11:54

marysharon
Her Royal Badness

Féminin Messages : 2782

MessageSujet: Re: BrownMarkNation   Jeu 29 Juil - 12:34

C'est bien cool ces morceaux de Brown Mark. Bon boulot!

blast

http://purplezone.zikforum.com
marysharon
Her Royal Badness

Féminin Messages : 2782

MessageSujet: Re: BrownMarkNation   Dim 12 Déc - 14:40

Mark Brown (born 1962), better known by the stage name Brown Mark, also styled Brownmark and BrownMark, is an American musician and record producer.

Biography
Born in Minneapolis, Minnesota, Brown's early fame came when he was the bass guitarist of The Revolution, musician Prince's original touring (and later also his recording) band. Noted for his unique, funk-based style of musicianship,[citation needed] he became a record producer and recording artist himself after parting company with Prince in 1986. He achieved minor successes in the R&B music field under both titles (most notably as founder and producer of R&B group Mazarati). After a lengthy absence from the music business he returned with a new project entitled Cryptic. After the release of the Cryptic CD entitled It's Been Awhile the group disbanded in 2002. Brown is currently working on a new project out of Tampa Florida with his newly formed group Syx Mil Breach. The CD will be released late 2010 and is to be titled Syx mil Breach.

Discography
Albums
Just Like That (1988), Motown
Good Feeling (1989), Motown
It's Been A While (2002)
Syx Mil Breach (2010)
[edit] Singles
"Next Time" (1988)
"Bang Bang" (1989), Motown

http://purplezone.zikforum.com
Contenu sponsorisé