Purple Zone
WELCOME 2 THE DAWN
Purple Zone

Pour les fans de Prince et du Minneapolis Sound : Plus de passion, moins de prises de tête...

AccueilEnter the ZoneCalendrierS'enregistrerConnexion

Partagez | 

Marva King

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Aller en bas 
AuteurMessage
marysharon
Her Royal Badness

Féminin Messages : 2782

MessageSujet: Marva King   Sam 12 Juin - 18:00

[Vous devez être inscrit et connecté pour voir ce lien]

[Vous devez être inscrit et connecté pour voir cette image]

Born in Flint, Michigan, Marva King is most known for her starring role in the multimillion dollar-grossing stage production/DVD, “Diary of a Mad Black Woman”. In Diary, King plays the spurned, attractive, feisty and vengeful housewife, Helen. Now, however, the Prince and New Power Generation singer is back again, currently preparing for the release of her current CD “Grown & Sexy”.

Despite the massive success of her stage debut, King has far more to her stellar resume than just Diary. King started her career very early on, performing since the age of four, and became accomplished at quite a young age. She is heard on albums by Tupac Shakur, Prince, Michael Jackson, Stevie Wonder, Jimmy Cliff, Chaka Khan, Lionel Richie and Phil Collins, just to name a few. She co-wrote the Whispers’ single, “Innocent”, which debuted at 4 on the Billboard Hot Singles Chart. She has performed with artists like Lenny Kravitz and has toured with the likes of Stevie Wonder and Prince. Marva released an R&B CD, “SOUL SISTAH” in 2006. This CD entered the top 30 UK Soul charts at 5 and was at 3 by the next week. It had surpassed familiar Soul artists like, Indie Irie, Tina Marie, Donell Jones, & The Isleys to name a few. “SOUL SISTAH” landed at 7 from the 60 top R&B/SOUL CDs in the UK. The Fans world-wide relished its dynamic Funky, soulful offerings which include a variety of musical samplings. King will release a version with even greater excitement of “Soul Sistah” with 4 new LIVE music tracks!

Now King is focused on the release of her new CD “GROWN & SEXY”. The 1st single “Afro”. Already being deemed a commercial “CLUB HIT” & RADIO choice by the listeners, and some of the most respected radio, and record industry execs. The most tantalizing numbers on her anxiously-awaited CD include “HOLLA”, “CHOCOLATE”, “SHARE” and one of Marva’s personal favorites, “Sistah”. Listeners will also be thrilled by tracks such as “Grown & Sexy”,“Misty” and “If you say so”. King, who also composed or co-composed all of its other tracks, produced the album.

Marva is beyond any stereotype or genre. Larger than such limitations, her recordings include music that is R&B, HIP HOP, SOUL, & POP. Her mesmerizing delivery inspired Larry Flick to write in Billboard, “Marva King is a supreme diva, and her name will go down in history as one of the best. In Prince took Marva on the road, under his wing, and made her a member of his group, New Power Generation (NPG). She performed on most of the songs on his “New Power Soul” album, and demonstrated her immense talent as well when she perform live onstage with Prince. Their memorable remakes are Shania Twain’s “Still the One” and Joan Osbourne’s “What If God Was One of Us?” “I worked with him [Prince] for two years initially,” King explains, adding, “It was intense. I learned a lot about performing, and business from Prince,” she notes. I recorded on his “Planet Earth” CD, and experiencing an intensely fun time working with him again since June, 2007.” It is as though I never skipped a beat”. Marva returned from the UK performing live at SOLD OUT venues for both she, and Prince. Audiences embraced Marva who debuted her Grown & Sexy CD with an awesome UK band. “The reception was inspirational!” Marva notes, and adds “I am truly looking forward to releasing this CD very soon”. LOOK FOR “GROWN & SEXY” ALL OVER THE WEB, IN STORES, AND ALL MARVA KING SHOWS FALL 2008!!!

“ I come from gospel and R&B roots”. King refers to working with Prince as “School.” King recalls “ He motivates me.” The angels are always watching over her and she continues to attract new fans.

Marva, who is also heard on Michael Jackson’s “Bad” album, states of the iconic pop star, “I used to visit and sometimes travel with him although I did not perform on the tours. I spent a lot of time with him and his family.”

Stevie Wonder hired Marva as a teenager. I toured with him, and did a live album with him that was recorded live in Osaka and Tel Aviv in the mid 90’s, which is his double album, “Natural Wonder” featuring the song, “Master Blaster”. This show premiered on VH1 June 2007.

Marva thanks American Idol’s RANDY JACKSON for her first production job at Sony in the early ‘90s making Marva one of the few female producers in the music industry. Marva is very excited about piercing the international, and national airwaves again next year! Her CD “Grown & Sexy” has been given rave reviews, by British journalists.

Ms King is optimistically embarking upon a career in the film industry. She will start filming a new movie this fall 08. A positive feature roles for Marva! King played a feature role as J.R. Richard’s confidante—sportscaster Cindy Young—in the 2005 film release of “Resurrection: The J.R. Richards Story”. Marva plans to produce an all girl group called 3Gs. “I have always wanted to be a part of a commercially successful girl group”. King is currently looking for the member to complete the sound & look of these ladies, who are not only extremely lovely, but multitalented as well!”This will be a dream come true” quotes King.

Marva’s sultry calendars sizzled from February 2004, until January 2007. It was a huge success. Fans are asking that she does a”3peat”. Marva has her sights set on a 2009 calendar for 3Gs. Aiyiyi!! She has written and will publish a book (her first) of interesting, current behind-the-scenes experiences in the entertainment industry.

Last but not least, Marva is being commissioned to do a soulful nutritional/entertainment cooking show, as well as a music related show for television. “The cooking show will allow me to demonstrate MY COOKING SKILLS and express my NUTRITIONAL CONCERNS for my SOULFUL FRIENDS here and abroad. “It is a given that I Love to entertain” Marva adds. There is no doubt that the Mega-talented, comedic, progressive minded humanitarian Marva King will be a HIT in the world of entertainment shows. All should prove to be a very rewarding challenge for this lady!

source: [Vous devez être inscrit et connecté pour voir ce lien]

http://purplezone.zikforum.com
anastasia
Official Purple Princess

Féminin Messages : 2635